Dimensions of Wellness
Achieving a healthy lifestyle
through a holistic approach
EDGE programming helps individuals build the skills to achieve wellness – an active, lifelong pursuit of becoming more aware of choices and making decisions for a more balanced and healthy lifestyle. By striking a balance between autonomy and interconnection with a supportive community of peers, students develop a strong base from which to learn, experience, and grow.
Seven Dimensions of Wellness
Possessing the ability to relate to and connect with other people by exhibiting an awareness that relationships are dynamic and ever changing.
Taking steps to protect physical wellness through engaging in good nutrition and regular exercise, avoiding harmful habits, and seeking medical assistance when necessary.
Having an unbridled curiosity and strong commitment to ongoing learning as well as creating opportunities to learn more and engage in lively interactions.
Understanding ourselves, having the ability to cope with the challenges life can bring, and being able to manage emotions effectively.
Preserving, protecting, and improving the quality of life within the community by conserving energy, protecting the environment, and spending time in natural settings.
Possessing ethics, values, and morals that guide us and give our lives a sense of purpose and direction.
Career and financial
Taking advantage of internship opportunities related to your area of focus and maintaining a healthy budget by managing both income and expenditures.
Our program features a number of proven methods and tools to assist individuals:
- A dashboard organizes information and tracks each participant’s progress.
- Professionals help individuals master the habits to maintain balance and pursue success.
- Excursions expose individuals to new interests through short adventure trips and cultural opportunities.
- Community and family connections foster the support needed for skills development.
- External resources extend the support network and enable individuals to pursue new opportunities.